Optimizing Outcomes & Avoiding Complications in Robot-assisted Surgery
Date: July 10, 2019
Time: 07:00PM - 08:00PM
You must be registered to participate!
As our understanding of robot-assisted surgery has grown, so have the applications, technological innovations and potential complications. To optimize surgeon performance and patient outcomes, this webinar is designed to provide various strategies to optimize surgical techniques and avoid or manage potential complications on today's FDA approved robotic surgical platform.
- Demonstrate through video safe and efficient peritoneal access, port placement & docking
- Identify the differences among the various electrosurgical devices and energy sources available on the robotic surgery platform and their clinical implications with use
- Acquire various tips and tricks for managing and minimizing the risks of complications in robot-assisted laparoscopy
- Formulate strategies for navigating difficult pelvic anatomy or surgical dissections and suturing on a robotic surgery platform
- Develop a practical robotic approach to robot-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy (total & subtotal)
- Arnold P. Advincula, MD, Levine Family Professor & Chief, Division of Gynecologic Specialty Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center - New York Presbyterian Hospital